Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Dear Deer Valley Diary

Last week I was at a point where I just needed to get away. At the last minute, after I found out Rylan was going to stake scout camp, I knew I had to take advantage of my window of opportunity. I asked for the time off without knowing where I would even go! I thought about going to the beach, but airfare was just too expensive right now. So I started looking at properties online in Park City. I found a beautiful place in Deer Valley - away from all the hustle and bustle of the city, but close enough that I could go play when I wanted. Exactly what I needed! It was a little more than the usual hotel, but felt like it offered more too, and I'm worth it! It's called the Chateaux at Silver Lake and it's right next to the Stein Erikson Lodge (a really hoity-toity place where all the wealthy people stay when they visit). I had my choice of a couple of rooms, and this was the one I chose: #209.

This was a studio (which was, quite frankly, nicer than the King rooms). 

There was a queen Murphy bed that came down from the wall and was really comfortable. 

A huge kitchen table with chairs for eight. I loved the lighting in this room. Warm and cozy. Just what I was looking for!

Studios have an oven (unlike the king rooms) and a nice full kitchen stocked with everything you needed. 

The fireplace ... mmmmm. Now seriously. Who could ask for anything more?

Well - okay. There was one downside to this room. There was NO TUB! You have to understand... I'm a bath girl. I shower for work, but I bathe to relax. This shower just didn't quite cut it for me -- so I found myself going out to sit in the hot tubs to make up for it. (There could be worse alternatives, right!?)

I got all settled in and laid out my "Kathy" things on the table:  A few books from the library, a Sudoku book (I play a lot on my iPad but I wanted the 'unplugged' version), a deck of cards for playing Solitaire, Pride and Prejudice should I desire to watch the full series, and a few movies from home - including Downton Abbey (my latest crush). 

A nice dresser for my clothes. 

And let's not forget the two big fluffy robes!

After I got settled into my room and all unpacked it was time for lunch, and whatever other adventure popped into my head because this was my decide-as-you-go getaway, so I headed down to Park City to the ski resort. 

I had to go to one of my favorite places in Park City for lunch. The Baja Cantina. I sat out on the patio and was full before I knew it!

I've been coming here for years...

Shredded Beef Chimichangas - pretty much my favorite thing when I go to a Mexican restaurant - and ALWAYS chips & salsa!

Here's the restaurant from the plaza. 

more to come...




No comments:

Post a Comment