Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Trusted Temple Ties

*sigh*

These last few weeks have been super emotional. I am so very concerned for my son, and I pray Heavenly Father's blessings and care for him.

Next door to me, there was some GREAT news. My neighbor Shauna Jensen went through the temple for her first time on Wednesday night. I was blessed to be invited to attend her session. She has been working very hard and preparing diligently to be ready for this great day. I am so proud of her.

Several weeks ago, I was finishing up my second hand made temple apron. (More on this on my next blog.) At the time, I was just working on a temple apron to have something to do while I watched TV, but as I neared the end it occurred to me that this apron was meant for Shauna! So I immediately had the drive to finish it --- and SOON! I got the embroidery done and found a lady who could do the hemstitching around the edges.

The thought that once someone makes a decision to do something GOOD in his or her life, Satan goes about doing everything he can to destroy that plan is 100% without a doubt true. I find it happens nearly every time I plan to attend the temple. Somehow it seems to work better to have impromptu "plans."

Well - the hemstitching lady ended up having her machine go down, having to replace, having to learn all over again how to thread this new machine, threads breaking, etc... but finally literally THE DAY BEFORE the date for the temple, I was able to pick up the finished apron and give it to Shauna. Here is a picture of the finished product. It turned out beautiful!



The temple was wonderful. Shauna was overwhelmed, but peace and love replaced fear and doubt and she could tell that was from being in the House of the Lord. That was the best thing she could have recognized that day. That will be a testimony builder for her and keep her going back.

A trip to Leatherby's afterwards for ice-cream was in order so off we all went (she must have had 25-30 friends and family there at the temple - it was amazing). Our group at Leatherby's was about 17 or 18. It was delicious and I think a great way to end the evening.

Love and congratulations to Shauna for earning this reward!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thanks for sharing this. A great story with a little lesson too!

    ReplyDelete